Difference between Gas, Spring, and Electric Airsoft Pistols
Airsoft guns are used as a replica or as toy weapons which are used in airsoft sports. Most of the airsoft guns are made of plastic materials. Airsoft guns are categorized into two groups by its design: one is automatically, and another one is mechanical. In Mechanical, we use coil spring-loaded piston air pump. And in automatically we use a battery-powered electric gun and consisting of CO2 gas in Gas Airsoft guns.
In general, Airsoft guns are categorized into five parts: 1. Gas Airsoft Guns, 2. Electric Airsoft Guns, 3. Spring Airsoft Guns, 4. Precharged pneumatic (PCP), 5. Variable pump.
Gas, spring, and Electric Airsoft Pistols are described below:
Table of Contents
- 1 Gas Powered Airsoft Pistol
- 2 Spring Air Pistols
- 3 Electric Airsoft Pistols
- 4 Final Verdict
Gas Powered Airsoft Pistol
Propane or “Green gas” is used most often for this Gas-powered Airsoft Pistol. Another most common gas is CO2, which is used in both pistols and rifles.
The Hammer comes onward and airstrikes the Knock Value when the trigger is pressed. Airsoft pistols are air-powered, and it is fired as round shells, so it is so much fun to be used. Gas-powered airsoft guns work on a gas pool. As it is the necessity of regular gas replacement, everyone needs to know its chamber’s position. Different guns have different spaces for the chamber.
A gas-powered airsoft pistol consists of fifteen functional parts by which it can be performed in its operational sector smoothly. Those are:
2. Knock Value
4. Airsoft’s BB (Magazine)
5. Airsoft BB (Chambered)
6. Air Nozzle
8. Piston Assembly
9. Piston Head
10. Rocket Valve
11. Rocket Valve Spring
12. Hop-Up Rubber
13. Inner Barrel
14. Air Nozzle Return Spring
15. Slide Catch
Advantages of Gas-Powered Airsoft Pistol
People use airsoft pistol for a great advantage deal, and they find a lot of benefits from this.
1. Gas-powered Airsoft Pistol has a lower price than electric airsoft. It can be used for single-shot and automatic and semi-automatic operation. Here spring can be used for single-shot, and electric pistols can’t be used in automatic operation because of its size. So, in that case, Airsoft Pistol is the best option for its Automatic and semi-automatic operation.
2. Another benefit of Gas-powered Airsoft pistol is that it has target shooting tendency. It has excellent target accuracy from a long distance, which is better than electric guns.
3. Blowback Mechanism which means that it will give a retreat consequence whenever slide moves back with its every shot. This characteristic is one of the best benefits of Gas Airsoft Pistol. But this mechanism is not available for all the Airsoft Pistol as it does cost a little bit extra. For the authentic feel of firing it is worthy of spending some little bit for this service and one more thing, this mechanism will change your Airsoft Pistol into a real gun.
Disadvantages of Gas-Powered Airsoft Pistol
1. In liquidized type gas behaves like chilly that is why it can cool down the procedure of the weapon. The behavior can decrease its heating price and also the range. On top of that, there is always confusion about this cooling down problem.
2. Another common problem is that they are run out of gas during the fight. Which means if the gas is out, then the battle is over.
Spring Air Pistols
Spring Air Pistol is the most Traditional type of firing gun that is used in most of the time. Another name this pistol is Springer. The Spring Air Pistols works in an exciting way. When you push the Spring into the locked location, the spring is released and moves a piston onward. Because of the air pressure, a pellet is out of the barrel, and that’s how it worked. For this swift compression, the air which is generated has excessive heat. And this all things happen in such a short time that you cannot even notice that.
Advantages of Spring Air Pistol
1. It can be fired limitlessly, and it also has better performance than Electric and Gas Airsoft pistols.
2. Users can improve their shooting skill by using Spring Air pistols as it has a lot of recoils.
3. It has enough accuracy and powerful firing speed, and on top of that, it has shot to shoot basis performance.
4. Every gun part is available in the market, so the users don’t have to face any problem.
5. There is no need for CO2 pumping equipment, so in that case, it can be said that it is fully self-reliant.
6. And lastly and most important issue that it is really easy to use than any Gas and Electric pistol.
Disadvantages of Spring Air Pistol
1. Spring Air Pistol is weaker than Gas pistols and the electric ones, but not in the most of the time.
2. It needs to tilt the gun after every shot, which is time-consuming.
3. Users need to practice and recoil the gun rightly. And one more thing, he also needs to learn how to cock and shoot the gun accurately.
4. It can be modified in better performance, but the spring air pistol can get weaker when it would be used in many time.
5. As spring Air pistol is fired in a very low speed so it can be frustrating and unrealistic to the users. And this inferior firing speed proves that Spring Air pistol has less accuracy.
Electric Airsoft Pistols
An electric motor uses electric Airsoft Pistols, and there is a rechargeable battery by which it is worked smoothly. These guns are semi-automatic, and some of have fully automatic or metal capabilities. We know that spring Airsoft guns have Springs same like Electric Airsoft guns also uses springs but they don’t have to the physically cock the gun as there are a rechargeable battery and battery charger.
Advantages of Spring Air Pistol
1. Electric Pistols are the most cost-effective as there is a battery charger, which adds this cost-effectiveness. These pistols would be the affordable choice for anyone who is looking for these guns.
2. These guns are durable and easy to maintain for the users.
3. Electronic Pistols perform well in all the temperature.
Disadvantages of Spring Air Pistol
1. Like Gas-powered Guns, they don’t have any blowback sound which can mimic the real gun sound.
2. As the guns are electronic, that’s why they don’t perform well in damp conditions.
3. One more thing if the batteries go out then the fight will be over and then it would be necessary to go for the new rechargeable batteries.
For the users, it would be better to know more about every Airsoft guns use in restored way. That’s why he should have the idea about the pros and cons of the product. We try to provide all the pros and cons of Gas, spring, and Electric Airsoft Pistols in our blog.