How to Clean a Betta Fish Tank?
Betta fishes are known as Siamese fighting fish. It originated in southeast Asia. Generally, we all know that betta fish is easy to take care of and low maintenance pets. For this reason, peoples are choosing betta fish as a pet and kept in the fish tank.
Betta fish also produce some wastes like all other fish. So people need to clean the betta fish tank. One question comes to every cleaner, how to clean a betta fish tank.
In this article, we have discussed “When to Clean a Betta Fish Tank.” After that, we are to give you a brief overview of how to clean and how often you need to clean the betta fish tank.
Table of Contents
- 1 When to clean a betta fish tank
- 2 How to clean a betta fish tank?
- 3 Conclusion
When to clean a betta fish tank
It is better to clean the betta fish tank regularly. Sometimes waste products can make the tank's groove. Doing a full cleaning will reduce suffering from water quality, and it looks neat and clean.
Sometimes it is difficult to clean regularly. In that case, you need to clean the betta fish tank once a week. Every week by cleaning less than half an hour, you can keep your tank fresh, and you can get happy and healthy betta fish.
Some people do not know how often does a betta fish tank needs to be cleaned. Totally it depends on the size of the betta fish tank. Larger tanks require less cleaning, and smaller tanks need more frequent cleaning because smaller tanks are intoxicated faster. Small tanks need to clean twice a week, and large tanks are good enough to clean once a week.
How to clean a betta fish tank?
It is essential to clean the betta fish tank. Some people do not know how to clean a betta fish tank. So here, we have discussed how to clean the betta fish tank.
Preparing the water
Betta fish can't survive in normal water like other fish. Before cleaning the betta fish tank, you need to use a water conditioner to neutralize chlorine and other chemicals. Keeping the water at the same temperature as the tank is essential. You can keep the water in the same room, where the tank stayed or using a heater to get the same temperature.
Remove the fish from the tank
Before starting the process of cleaning, you need to keep the fish on other containers. For this, you need to prepare a bowl with tank water and a cover for the bowl. Then transfer the betta fish to the bowl and cover the bowl up. Make sure that the place is calm and clean.
Remove the accessories
Before start cleaning, take a large bowl, and take all the accessories out of the tank. Then start cleaning the tank. Keep in mind that the accessories also need to be cleaned anyway.
Save some tank water
No matter how much of the tank water you are changing, always save some tank water. Because, by the time, the water of the tank made up some bacteria, and the fish get used to those bacteria.
If you are changing 40% of the water, save the other 60% in another place. It will be great for betta fish. Keep note that if you are changing all the water of the tank, it will be harmful to your betta fish.
Pour out the remaining water
After separating the water, you are going to save and dump the other water. For dumping the water, you can use a cup or mug. But you have to make sure that no part of the tank gets damaged while doing the dumping.
Cleaning the accessories
You can clean all the accessories by using warm water. There might be some dust sticking with the accessories. By using a brush, you can easily clean them. But remember that you can't use soap or any chemicals. It might be harmful to your fish after cleaning put the accessories aside on a clean towel.
Gravels could be the dirtiest part of the tank. Because most of the waste is clinging to those pebbles, to clean them, you have to use hot water to throw away the gravel. You need to rub them with your hands a few times so that it will make the pebbles completely clean.
Put things back in the previous position
Putting all the items back in place can be a hard part. So, you have to do it safely. To complete your betta fish tank set up successfully, you have to do it step by step.
Put the gravels and all the accessories safely to the tank. Then, refill the tank with old and new water. Don't forget to test the temperature and ph. After completing all tasks, then put your betta fish back into the tank.
Cleaning a betta fish tank isn't a simple task. Clean your betta fish tank regularly is mean that how much you take care of your betta fishes. In the above, we try to give to the steps on how to clean a betta fish tank. So follow these steps. It will help you to clean your betta fish tank.